10.24.2008

What I Wore to Interviews...

It's kinda different here in the US.

In the Philippines, I remember, we had a subject in DLSU wherein we were taught how to dress up for an interview. To me, it was so uncomfortable and not weather-friendly at all. Imagine, we were supposed to wear a long sleeve shirt (with collar, of course) plus, a jacket or blazer. No sleeveless. No plunging necklines needless to say (Well, at least this one is understandable). Closed shoes are required. Preferably skirt instead of pants but mind you, we're supposed to wear pantyhose too! Imagine commuting in that outfit. I really am so glad I didn't have to commute at that time.

In the US, I believe somehow we can do away without the pantyhose. Of course it's still recommended, but for my interviews for internship in particular, I did not wear one. But I really don't think it was a problem. But even then, if we choose to wear such, it would be a lot easier since it isn't humid here anyway. I didn't wear long sleeve shirt either and I wore my jacket only when I was feeling cold. I think that's more logical instead of trying to dress up without considering the weather. I mean, we have to be comfortable during the interview. Being there per se is stressful enough because you don't know how it would turn out... so I really don't see the logic behind making us wear uncomfortable clothes.


Printed Silk Chiffon Top from BR - gift from Tito Bong, Skirt from Ukay-ukay (I got it for like Php 10), Shoes from Kenneth Cole, Bag from Fino

Top from Topshop, Cardigan from Gap, Wool Skirt -gift from Che, Shoes from Kenneth Cole, Bag from Fino

Withoug the Cardigan

I went to 4 interviews. The rest of my outfits, I wasn't able to "document". Got accepted in 3 companies. Had to choose two because I'm still studying. Besides, it's non-paid. I don't have much money for Bart (train) and lunch. The one I didn't choose doesn't allow interns to work with another retail company while with them. Too bad. The interviewer is so nice pa naman. But they're all nice, really.