2.17.2009

valentine post...

...late as usual.


First of all, I'd like to say, our EQ gets low sometimes. Hehe. So Gian and I gave each other our gifts days before valentine's day. Hehe. In fact, almost as soon as we got them in the mail! Haha.

He gave me a chocolate/cafe latte maker + valrhona chocolate! 


Me and my loot =)

I gave him a pair of Evisu jeans (no pic, sorry!). He's not liking Diesel as much as he did before. He hates seeing a lot of people on Bart wearing the same jeans as he does. Kinda vain huh? Hehe! (He gave me a pair of Evisu too! He said, it's his going-away gift for me. And then I surprised him one afternoon when we met going to Bart with a Northface hoodie. His black hoodie is a bit too old it's almost gray already! Hihi.)

On Heart's day, he's supposed to pick me up at around 11 am. He showed up a bit late and gave me this:


He picked the flowers from my tita's garden!


I have to admit I was kinda disappointed 'coz I really thought he totally forgot. Then again, I just said to myself, it's the thought that counts anyway! He went out already and brought with him a paper bag full of my stuff. As soon as I got out of the house, he pointed at bench near our door. He said "yung gamit mo, baka mo malimutan." I saw a bouquet of flowers beside my paper bag! He's late because he went to  3 flower shops! Well, technically, just 2. The other one was a store named "Wild Birds Unlimited". He thought the sign says "Wild Buds Unlimited". Haha!

I really am so blessed to have a fiance like him. He never runs out of surprises and he keeps on courting me despite the fact that we've been dating for more than 5 years now. I really pray he won't get tired of pursuing me even when we're already married.


Me and my flowers. I had to go inside the house again to have my pic taken and to put the flowers on a vase. Please excuse my chubby cheeks!

Then we went to Berkeley with Ate Mel and Tito Bong. We had lunch at Gregoire and then went to a fabric store and then dessert at the Olde San Francisco Creamery in Walnut Creek


Ate Mel and Tito Bong


Our really big Banana Split


We finished it! Hehe


For dinner, we headed to Tommy Toy's in San Francisco for a seven course dinner. We just took the Bart to avoid heavy traffic. We had to walk 7 blocks but it's really an enjoyable one!


1st course: Minced Squab “Imperial” Served in Iceberg Lettuce Cup


2nd: Seafood Triangles with Crushed Almonds in Phyllo Pastry Drizzled with Wild Plum Sauce.
This is halfway done. I almost forgot to take a pic. Hehe.

3rd: Crabmeat and Mushroom Bisque Oven Baked in Fresh Coconut and Crowned with Flaky Puffy Pastry


4th: Fresh Whole Maine Lobster with Ginger Scallion Sauce, Served over Angel Hair Crystal Noodles


5th: Ying-Yang Peking Duck in Lotus Buns Served with Hoisin Sauce and Honey Plum Sauce. Definitely my fave!


6th: Medallions of Filet Mignon Wok-Charred with Garlic and a Touch of Rosemary in Red Wine and Balsamic Vinegar Reduction Accompanied with Fresh Asparagus Spears and Four Seasons Fried Rice

7th: Triple Chocolate Mousse


My date, making faces as usual. Hehe!


Can I share with you my Facebook status?

"Jill had a sweet surprise, a delightful dinner & a good talk. I will joyfully walk more than 7 blocks with you. wink ;) I'm so grateful. Thanks for guarding my heart."


Thanks, my Valentine.