4.09.2008

Good Eats in Manila, Philippines...

...at least, during my brief stay there.


Cuervo's Mango Torte


The Best Chicharon there is. I just had one piece. I controlled myself. Hehe!


I missed Figaro so much. There is nothing like it anywhere in the world. Perhaps, knowing it's Manila's own makes it special... well, at least for me. ;)


Hot Calamansi from Capisce. I had to order one because I was coughing badly. I didn't know smoking is allowed in almost all restos again. I wonder why??!


breakfast/dessert crepe from Heat, Shangri-la Edsa


Eggs Benedict from Heat. This one lacks Hollandaise sauce. Gian's version of eggs benedict and Katy's Creek's are sooo much better.


Breakfast Hot Chocolate from Heat. I think this one's Tsokolate di Batirol... or Antonio Pueo? Basta, not the usual Hersey's Hot Choc and the likes.


Champorado from Heat. It doesn't look lovely but it is good. Not very, but still good. ;)


Taho from Heat. I like Gloria Maris' better.


Tempura from Senju, Edsa Shangri-la.


Sukiyaki from Senju. They lack good service but their food is really good.


This Sukiyaki has the most tender beef!


Cold Sake from Senju. I can't imagine having it hot. By the way, I love the bottle. The cutest I've seen so far. :)


Kampai to you, Lei. Micah had Kahlua Milk. Mommy and Daddy had beer.


BBQ Chicken Salad from CPK. I know, I know. There's CPK in the States; in California to be exact... and I know it's weird, but really, this tastes better in CPK, Manila!


This too! BBQ Chicken Pizza from CPK in Rockwell.


Tepanyaki Table at Kimpura, Greenhills


...the rest of our foodies. I forgot to take a pic of my fried rice. I specifically requested to include the tutong. I love it to bits! Try it. ;)


Sukiyaki from Kimpura. This is too sweet for me. I like Senju's and Saisaki's better. Nonetheless, this, too, is good.


with Gen at Via Mare, Shangri-la. We had dinner first at Cyma. Again, forgot to take pics. We ate lamb there. It's good! I like the mint jelly sauce with it.


Puto Bungbong. Sarap!


Palitaw. I like the one from Marikina palengke better... and the puto there, it's mouth-watering!


with Che at Kulinarya.


Crabstick and Mango Salad... recommended by our server. It's good but I like the Harvest Salad better.


...different day, but still in Kulinarya. My squash soup and Kulinarya Iced Tea. I missed Iced Tea soooo much! Here, we have Iced "hot tea". It tastes eeewy. Hehe. Half and half is okay. Not half milk and half cream but half tea and half lemonade... but it still lacks flavor. In Pinas, almost every resto has its own version of it. I like Pancake's, Kulinarya's, CPK's (see, CPK in Ca doesn't have refillable Lemon Iced Tea and Raspberry Iced Tea that I soo love), and Cibo's.... hmm.. did I miss anything?


Salpicao from Kulinarya. I know doesn't look good but it actually is. The best I've ever tasted so far!


Wala lang. Hehe. ;)


I've been to Yank Sing, but Peking Duck is better at Gloria Maris.


Veggies


Garlic Chicken for Micah. She doesn't eat Peking Duck. She's missing half of her life. Hehe.


Steamed Lapu-lapy with Tauso (I don't know if I spelled that right. It's the brown stuff on top of the fish. I love it!)


Taho at Gloria Maris


Sago and Syrup for the Taho


My Taho and My Tea


Cibo.. I'll never get tired of saying this... I heart their service.


My Plate Full of Salad and my Iced Tea


My All-Time Favorite Salad - Insalata di Mare


Cibo's Mango Shake


Cibo's Potato Chips


Marmellata di Mango Sandwich. It has Mango Marmalade and Gruyere Cheese. I add Cibo's mayonnaise and potato chips :)


Cibo's Grape Shake


Cibo's Pizza. This is huge.


The prettiest Cibo I've seen. It's in Greenbelt 5, Makati.




However, the best ever dishes I had, I had at home. :) Thanks to my super mommy. She made Polvoron, Leche Flan, Morcon, Paella, Kare-kare, Daing na Tilapia at Bangus, Beef Tapa (perfect with Sinangag and Egg. O di kaya, Gatas ng Kalabaw. Yum! Gian says it looks like cat food but I don't care. It's darn good!), etc. etc. Basta, all my requests, she cooked. I miss her. I miss everyone back home.


PS...
I missed something... but I will just post it some other time. Something to look forward to 'coz I enjoyed eating that too. :)