11.04.2008

Message Last Sunday...

Last Sunday, after church, Gian and I were discussing Pastor Art's message and how it relates to us. He left us with a question: What is one thing in your life that God is telling you "Go for it!"?

Mine's life after graduation. I have to admit I'm kinda scared. I'm really looking forward to my OPT (Optional Practical Training) here. I don't want to go back home without any experience because I've never had any in retail yet (Well, except for my 2 internships this quarter and a few volunteer opportunities, but still, I think those aren't enough). But given the economic condition right now, it's getting even more scarier. My colleagues who are looking for jobs - since they're not International Students and can already work - are having a really hard time finding one. I would always tell Gian those stories. I guess he realized he's already like a broken vinyl because he encourages me over and over again that I'm gonna get a job after I graduate. He always says, "Iba naman situation nila sayo." I have to admit, after hearing the message last Sunday, I was really assured and encouraged. God brought me here with little, in fact almost no effort on my part. He'll surely finish whatever good work He has started in me.

Gian's, is his proposal. That was so clear to him, he said. Well, he actually had a different plan. I think he didn't really want to propose yet. He wanted to prepare further for the proposal and for our life together, of course. He even said, he wanted to give me a Tiffany engagement ring instead (Isn't he always spoiling me?). I was really touched hearing him say things like that because I realized how much he always wants to give me the best... And I mean, always. But this I also have to say, I'll never take anything in exchange for God's perfect time. I knew, when He said to him, "Gian, go for it!", Gian gave me the best by responding to that voice. Isn't it just so wonderful?

Love you fiance.. :)